Beautiful Beaches On Long Beach Island - 18 Miles Of Smiling
Long Beach Island, NJ - Daytripper's Guide
The Daytripper's Guide To Long Beach Island makes it Very Easy To Come To LBI and really enjoy yourself and relax - because we list public restrooms, showers, parking, Mac Machines & directions all in one place.
Just print this page, get in the car & have A Great Day At The LBI Beach. We will try to help you on LBI in anyway we can.
You can get your beach badges at the beach in any one of the following LBI towns by purchasing your beach badges from the "Beach Badge Checker" Right On The Beach.
While at the beach, you are able to do some surf fishing as Long Beach Island has Great Fishing. Below are Bait & Tackle Shops to help you.
Also, at the beach you are able to surf and we have listed some of the beaches where LBI has Great Surfing.
To make it easy for you to have A Great Time On LBI, directions to LBI are at the bottom of this page & Mapquest if you want specific directions.
Daily Beach Badges For Fun & Relaxing Long Beach Island
* Barnegat Light - $5 Daily
* Beach Haven - $5 Daily
* Harvey Cedars - $6 Daily
* Long Beach Twp - $5 Daily
* Ship Bottom - $7 Daily
* Surf City - $8 Daily
Beach Badge revenue pays for lifeguards, beach cleanup and maintenance. They are required when lifeguards are on duty from mid June to Labor Day for ages 12 - 64. Seniors have a discounted rate at 65 and older in some towns, and in other towns Seniors get Free Beach Badges.
LBI Public Restrooms, Public Showers And Public Parking
There are At Least 23 Public Restrooms & 5 Public Showers On LBI. Barnegat Light
To climb Barnegat Lighthouse is only $1 from Memorial Day to Labor Day (kids under 12 free). All other times of the year are free for everyone.
* West 10th Street at the Bay near the boat ramp has restrooms
* Barnegat Light Municipal Building at 10 East 7th Street has restrooms during open hours Beach Haven
* Taylor Avenue Bay Beach has restrooms, shower & 80 car parking located near Fantasy Island, Thundering Surf and Schooner's Wharf
* Centre Street at the Beach has restrooms, a shower, and street parking
* Boro Hall at 300 Engleside & South Bay Avenue has restrooms (during business hours) and parking on the street
* Dock Road at the Bay
* Marine Street
* Nelson Avenue playground
* Nelson Avenue Parking Lot for 20 cars at the beach across from Sea Spray Motel at the southern border of Beach Haven and Beach Haven Inlet (Holgate) - has no restrooms or showers Beach Haven Inlet / Holgate (Long Beach Twp.)
* Wildlife Preserve Parking Lot at the southern LBI tip has both restrooms and 2 outside enclosed showers - and parking for 50 cars Brant Beach (Long Beach Twp.)
* Bayview Park at 68th Street & Long Beach Blvd. has both restrooms and shower (shower is near the volleyball court) parking for 80 cars
* The handicap observation deck at the beach behind the Long Beach Twp Municipal Building located at 6805 Long Beach Boulevard has parking for 10 cars and restrooms are nearby behind the baseball field
* Long Beach Twp. Municipal Building, 6805 Long Beach Boulevard has restrooms behind the baseball field and parking on weekends and holidays all day, plus after 4 pm daily
* Wawa Food Market, 13115 Long Beach Boulevard, restrooms open 7 days a week 24 hours a day
* St. Francis Community Center, 4700 Long Beach Blvd. has restrooms only (the parking is private for the Church & Community Center)
* Sunset Park Recreational Area located on Salem Avenue has restrooms and parking
* 75th Street Bay Beach has portable restrooms
* Boro Hall at 76th street has restrooms during business hours Monday - Friday
* Tract # 53 (Harbor South at the tennis courts)
* Tract # 161 Ship Bottom
* Waterfront Park located at the Bay on 10th Street & Shore Avenue has restrooms and parking for 200 cars
* Beach Arlington Bay Beach & Park between 13th - 16th streets has a playground, pavillion, restrooms, a shower and parking for 40 cars
* Municipal Building, 17th Street & Long Beach Boulevard - 1 outside handicap accessible bathroom and parking on weekends & holidays all day, plus after 4 pm daily
* Wawa Food Market on Central Avenue has restrooms open 7 days a week 24 hours a day
* 10th Street at the boat ramp Surf City
* Municipal Building at 813 Long Beach Blvd. has restrooms open in the off season Monday - Friday from 9 am - 4:30 pm and during June, July and August restrooms are open 7 days a week 9 am - 4:30 pm.
Parking on weekends and holidays all day, plus after 4:30 pm daily at the Municipal Building at 813 Long Beach Blvd. Note: Long Beach Island has Lots Of Street Parking throughout LBI. Mac Machines On Long Beach Island
* Bank Of America, 401 N Bay Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-2009
* Bank Of America, 1501 LB Blvd, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008 609-361-2603
* Bank Of America, 1508 Central Ave, Barnegat Light, NJ 08006 609-494-0013
* Club Meltdown, 13302 Long Beach Blvd., Beach Haven Terrace, NJ 08008 - - 609-207-0527
Club Meltdown Is A Member Of The Long Beach Island Business Alliance
* TD Bank, 13100 Long Beach Blvd, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-8060
* Sovereign Bank, 510 Bay Ave, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-492-2709
* Sun Bank, 1211 Long Beach Blvd, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008 609-361-8011
* Miss Beach Haven, Centre Street at the Bay, Beach Haven, NJ 08008 609-978-9951
* Ship Bottom Marine Center, 2601 Central Ave, Ship Bottom, NJ 08008 609-494-8100 office Or 609-661-8989 cell (Rents Boats & Wave Runners)
An Easy Drive To Long Beach Island, NJ - Also Known As LBI
1) From New York, Connecticut And Points North To LBI
Take the NJ Turnpike South to Exit 11 - get on the Garden State Parkway South and take Exit 63 to get Off the Garden State Parkway.
Take Route 72 East for 7.5 miles over the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI).
2) From The Garden State Parkway (South Or North) - Exit 63
Exit 63: Take Route 72 East for 7.5 miles over the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI).
3) From The New Jersey Turnpike - Exit 4
Exit 4: Stay to the left/bear left under the bridge on Route 73 (Marlton/Atlantic City). Go 3 miles on Route 73 South until you reach the Route 70 circle. Bear right on Route 70 for only 50 feet, then bear left around the circle on Route 70 East. Travel on Route 70 East 17.8 miles until the Route 72 circle. Take Route 72 East for 25.6 miles to the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI).
4) From The New Jersey Turnpike - Exit 7A
Exit 7A: Bear right on 526 East and go 1 mile to stop sign in the center of Allentown, NJ. Make right on Main Street, go 3/10 mile and take 1st left onto Route 539 South. Continue on 539 South for 29.8 miles. Make left on Route 72 East and go for 12 miles until you reach the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI).
5) From The Pennsylvania Turnpike To New Jersey Turnpike - Exit 7
Exit # 7: When Pennsylvania Turnpike ends continue 2 miles until beginning of the New Jersey Turnpike. In approx. 3.5 miles you will bear left towards Exit 7 and North-New York. Go 3 more miles to Exit 7 (Route 206 Bordentown/Trenton). Pay Toll and bear left and take Route 206 South.
Take Route 206 South for 10.6 miles to Route 38/Route 530 (Vincetown Diner on right). Make left on Route 38/Route 530 East and go 2.6 miles. Bear right on Route 644 East (To Route 72/Shore points) and continue for 7.8 miles on Route 644 East to Route 72 circle. Take Route 72 East for 25.6 miles until the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI).
6) From The Pennsylvania Turnpike - Exit 326
Exit 326 (Valley Forge/Philadelphia): Route 76 East to Philadelphia for 17 miles runs into Route 676. Go 2 miles to Ben Franklin Bridge and get in left lanes. Take Route 30 and 38 East (Cherry Hill). In 2 miles take Route 70 East for 37 miles to Route 72 East and go over The Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) onto Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI).
7) From Delaware, Maryland & Points South To LBI
Take Rt. 95 North to the Delaware Memorial Bridge - then take 295 North to Rt. 70 East to Rt. 72 East to Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ - and follow the directions (below) from Route 72 East.
8) From Route 539
Turn onto Route 72 East and pass the Holiday Inn and go 5 more miles to the beach on Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI). You will go across the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) to the center of Long Beach Island, NJ.
9) From Route 72 East
From Route 72 East past the Holiday Inn and go 5 more miles to the beach on Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI). You will go across the Causeway Bridge (Beautiful Bay Views) to the center of Long Beach Island, NJ and reach the "T" intersection with the Wawa Food Store on the right. You will be in Ship Bottom, NJ at this point.
Turn right on Long Beach Boulevard and you will go thru Ship Bottom to Long Beach Township, Beach Haven, and Beach Haven Inlet (Holgate) at the south end of LBI.
Turn left on Long Beach Boulevard and you will go thru Ship Bottom to Surf City, North Beach, Harvey Cedars, Loveladies and Barnegat Light at the north end of LBI. Also, you can reach High Bar Harbor off of Barnegat Light by way of a county road at 20th street from Viking Village.
If You Find You Love LBI Like We Do - Consider Staying At: